Clubs, Groups & Events
UAlberta has a diverse and friendly community. There are so many great ways to get involved and make friends!
- 300+ student clubs and associations representing different interests, cultures, and more
- Write for the Gateway, the campus newspaper.
- Listen to CJSR, the campus radio station with a diverse mix of news, music, and current affairs.
- Meet friends, relax, and shop at HUB Mall, where you’ll find over 50 shops and services, as well as plenty of places to sit and hang out.
- Take part in special events throughout the year, including guest speakers, workshops, concerts, theatre performances, and more!
- Hang out and enjoy the view at RATT (Room At The Top), a restaurant and lounge on the 7th floor of the Students' Union Building.
- Sign up for the eWeekly to get emails about weekend camping trips, barbecues, ski trips, and more.
- Be a part of campus athletics! There are 25 varsity teams with the nationally recognized men’s “Golden Bears” and the women’s “Pandas” teams.
- Use study spaces located throughout campus, some open 24 hours.
- There are over 500 campus recreation activities on campus, with over 28,000 participants every year.
- Look forward to International Week, hosted each year by the International Centre, where you can attend over 50 events with more than 160 speakers and performers.