Each year, thousands of international students come to study in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and attend the University of Alberta.
Great campus location
UAlberta's main campus is located in the centre of Edmonton, just minutes from downtown and surrounded by the beautiful river valley. With a major transit station on campus, there is easy access to the city’s many attractions. Campus Saint-Jean, our French language campus, is located about five minutes away from the main campus.
A fun, exciting city
Edmonton is the capital city of Alberta and is home to more than one million people. Along with Edmonton's lively social scene, you’ll find that it is a perfect place to enjoy the outdoors, with the Edmonton River Valley stretching through the heart of the city.
Edmonton is just a few hours away from the Rocky Mountains.
A safe, welcoming environment
Edmonton is a major, modern city that is just the right size. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming with friendly people and clean, safe streets. Edmonton is known for its diverse multiculturalism, welcoming cultural communities, and cultural celebrations such as Heritage Days.
Did you know?
- Edmonton is known as “Canada’s Festival City” and hosts over 30 festivals throughout the year that bring visitors from all over the world.
- Edmonton is one of the sunniest cities in Canada.
- The Edmonton River Valley is North America’s largest expanse of urban parkland, with over 97 km of multi-use trails, 22 major parks, 6 golf courses, 29 day campsites, 2 outdoor pools, and more.
- West Edmonton Mall is the world’s largest shopping and entertainment complex, with over 800 stores, 110 restaurants, a waterpark, an amusement park, a mini-golf course, movie theatres, and more world-class attractions all under one roof.
- Edmonton is home to professional sports teams with the NHL Edmonton Oilers hockey team and the CFL Edmonton Eskimos football team.
- Snow Valley offers in-town skiing and snowboarding all winter long, and is just minutes away from the North Campus.
- There are hundreds of outdoor skating rinks that open in the wintertime, including the scenic rink in Hawrelak park—home of the Silver Skate Festival.
- Edmonton is just a few hours away from the Rocky Mountains.
- Downtown Edmonton is just across the river from U of A, and you can visit over 500 shops, 200 restaurants, the Citadel Theatre, the Edmonton Art Gallery, and the Francis Winspear Centre for Music.
- UAlberta is within walking distance of the Old Strathcona historic district, where you’ll find some of the most unique shops and coffee houses in Edmonton.
City of Edmonton