Each year, thousands of international students come to study in Canada at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Alberta.
Canada is a nation of great geographic and cultural diversity. Canadians embrace the world and the changes that other ways and beliefs bring to us. From coast to coast, you'll discover breathtaking natural beauty and world-class, modern cities with a strong tradition of multiculturalism.
Canada offers a first-class education system, a high quality of life, and a safe, welcoming environment.
The United Nations ranks Canada 8th out of 169 countries on the 2010 Human Development Index, which measures level of development and standard of living.
Did You Know?
- Canada's maple leaf flag was designed by a UAlberta alumnus, George Stanley.
- Canada is the world’s second largest country by size.
- The Canadian government is a parliamentary democracy, with federal government buildings located in Ottawa, Ontario, our nation’s capital.
- The national animal of Canada is the beaver.
- Canada is made up of 10 provinces and three territories.
- Canada has two official languages, French and English.
- Some famous faces from Canada include Drake, Justin Bieber, Shania Twain, Jim Carrey, Bryan Adams, Alanis Morissette, Avril Lavigne, Keanu Reeves, and Mike Myers.
Government of Canada
Explore Canada (Canadian Tourism Commission)